VEX IQ Challenge Next Level is played on a 4’x8’ rectangular field configured as seen above. Two robots compete in the Teamwork Challenge as an alliance in 60 second long teamwork matches, working collaboratively to score points. Teams also compete in the Robot Skills Challenge where one robot takes the field to score as many points as possible under driver control; and Programming Skills Challenge, where one robot scores as many points as possible autonomously, without any driver inputs.
The object of the game is to attain the highest score by Scoring Hubs in Building Zones, by Removing Hubs from the Hanging Structure, and by Hanging Robots at the end of the Match.
There are two (2) Building Zones in the corners of the field, and in the middle there is one (1) Hanging Structure. There are total of fifteen (15) Hubs, plus two (2) Bonus Hubs available to be scored in the Building Zones and one (1) Parking Zone in the middle of the field.
- Hub that is Low Scored in a Building Zone – 1 point
- Hub that is High Scored in a Building Zone – 2 points
- Bonus Hub that is Removed from its Bonus Peg – 1 point
- Bonus Hub that is Low Scored in a Building Zone – 2 points
- Bonus Hub that is High Scored in a Building Zone – 4 points
- Parked Robot – 1 point
- Low Hanging Robot – 2 points
- High Hanging Robot – 4 points